- Clayton Heights 188 St Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic
- Surrey 152nd St Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic
- White Rock 16Ave Physiotherapy & Wellness Clinic
- North Vancouver Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic
- Richmond Blundell Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic
- Richmond Steveston Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic
What is Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave Treatment is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that involves the delivery of high-energy sound waves to affected areas of the body to trigger the body’s own natural repair mechanisms and stimulate healing. It is a safe and effective treatment option. The recovery period is shorter than traditional invasive surgery and the procedure eliminates many of the risks associated with traditional surgery. Generally, 3 treatments are advocated with 1 week between treatments.
Conditions that can be treated by Shockwave Therapy:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinopathy
- Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy
- Calcific Tendinitis – commonly found in the shoulder
- Frozen Shoulder
- Treatment of Muscle Tears and Scar Tissue
- Trigger Points
- Myofascial Pain Syndrome
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- Jumpers/Runners Knee – Patellar tendon injuries
- Shin Splints
Shockwave Therapy helps by:
- Inhibiting pain signals
- Decreasing inflammation
- Promoting new blood flow
- Accelerating healing
- Providing long-lasting results, usually permanent
Is it painful?
The therapy can be slightly uncomfortable as it is applied directly to the injured area. The injured area may become sensitive for 24-48 hours post-treatment. Generally applying ice to the area for 10 minutes will help to alleviate the sensitivity. Request online booking today.
Looking for Shockwave Therapy in Clayton Heights, Surrey, BC?
Our experienced team at Clayton Heights 188th Street Physiotherapy & Sports Injury Clinic can help you address several health concerns with shockwave therapy – a non-invasive, effective treatment that triggers the body’s own natural healing mechanisms. Give us a call or get in touch through our contact form to book an appointment today.