Assessment and treatment prior to surgery plays an important role in managing the following criteria:
- Improve range of motion and strength of the injured area.
- Prevent compensatory stresses to other areas of the body.
- A customized home program to facilitate overall conditioning, a faster rate of recovery and to minimize possible complications post surgery.
- Regain full function as well as a progressive safe return to work, sport and recreational activities
At PPSC we treat a wide range of post operative conditions:
- Open reduction and internal fixation (plates & screws)
- Anterior Cruciate reconstruction of the knee
- Arthroscopy of the Shoulder/Elbow/Wrist/Hip/Knee and Ankle
- Total/Partial Hip & Knee Joint Replacements
- Surgical Repair of Dislocations & Fractures
- Spinal Surgery i.e. Discectomy, Laminectomy and Fusion
The aim of treatment post operatively is to decrease pain/swelling, promote healing as well as to regain mobility, strength, balance and maximal function of the joint and associated structures. .
At Clayton Heights 188st Physiotherapy and Sports Clinic our physiotherapists will work together with you in achieving the best possible outcome after your surgery.