- Stability of the injured area.
- Improve the rate of recovery and prevent compensatory stress on other areas of the body.
- The exercises are graded and progressed safely and gradually depending on the diagnosis and the stage of the injury.
Exercise Therapy is used in the treatment of:
- Back/Neck and Joint Pain
- Sports Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Injuries
- Work Related Injuries
- Pre & Post Surgical Conditions
- Core stability exercises are used to provide stability to the spine. This will assist you to perform exercises of the upper and lower limbs without compensatory stress to the neck, back and pelvis. We need to stabilize before we move.
- Progressive exercise program to improve flexibility, stability of the joints , strength and functional activity. The focus is on starting position, type, intensity, frequency and duration.
- Proprioception/Balance exercises to increase body awareness with respect to gait, stairs and activities of daily life. Progress from stable to unstable positions with specific reference to activities related to functional demands of work, recreation and sport.
Our goal is to assist you in regaining functional independence with activities of daily life and lifestyle. A home program is incorporated during all your stages of recovery.