At your initial evaluation at Clayton Heights 188St Physiotherapy & Sports Clinic (CHPSC) a physiotherapist will assess and evaluate your injury. The physiotherapist will ask you questions in order to understand your injury and medical history. To determine the source of your pain, several tests will be completed. After your evaluation, the remainder of the session will be dedicated to the treatment and management of your injury.
What types of injuries are treated at the clinic?
We treat a broad range of injuries including sports injuries, chronic pain, back/neck/joint pain, women’s health, work place injuries, motor vehicle injuries, arthritis, headaches, pre and post-operative rehabilitation and more.
Please call CHPSC at 604-576-1338 to make an appointment with a physiotherapist.
Do I need a Doctor referral before booking an appointment?
No, you do not need a referral to see a physiotherapist.
However, some extended medical plans will require a referral to reimburse your fees.
For ICBC or WorkSafeBC claims, a referral is required for your treatment to be approved.
Does the British Columbia Medical Services Plan cover Physiotherapy?
The British Columbia Medical Services Plan (MSP) pays for a portion of the physiotherapy fees for people who have premium assistance. However, there is a user fee for each visit. Please discuss your eligibility for MSP coverage with our reception staff.
What do I wear for my first physiotherapy visit?
Please wear comfortable clothing.
What kinds of treatment can I expect?
Your physiotherapist will take your medical history, observe your posture and movement, and evaluate your problem area(s).
Treatment techniques include:
Manual therapy (‘Hands-On’) treatment.
- Soft tissue techniques
- Massage/Active Release Therapy
- Trigger Point Therapy
- Friction Massage/Muscle Energy Techniques
- Joint Mobilizations
- Joint glides
- Joint traction
- Active spinal/joint mobilization and soft tissue techniques are aimed at:
- Decreasing pain
- Breakdown of scar tissue
- Restoring muscle elasticity/length
- Improving range of motion
- Electro-therapeutic modalities for pain, swelling and inflammation management: electrical stimulation, ultrasound, laser and interferential current.
- Postural education: review of correct sleeping, sitting, standing and working postures with respect to well balanced body mechanics
- Exercise prescription :core stability, stretching & strengthening exercises and work rehabilitation functional exercises.
- Customized home exercise program.
.What is your policy regarding missed appointments and late cancellations?
Please call us at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment time to cancel. Without proper notification, a fee of $32.00 will be charged.
Is there free parking at the clinic?
We are located in Clayton Heights on Fraser Hwy between 186th St. and 188th St. There is ample free level parking and handicap parking very close to our location.